With the recession and the greatness of our wonderful economy, I’ve become much more of a frugal person. Looking for deals for anything and everything has become something I do on a daily basis. As BASG likes to point out to me, I love to plan things so instead of planning a Mexico vacation this year, I’m planning for anything cheap! The problem is, I don’t want to sit at home and watch TV all the time. The NBA package is great and all but after so much basketball I need something a little different – and something that doesn’t cost a lot of money.
For those of you out there looking for some great deals on things to do/eat, here is the best of the cheap/free in the Bay Area. Feel free to add more to the comments section of this post. Enjoy!
– Warriors – $8 Club 200 Tickets – they may be up high in the bleachers but you’re still at the game and still able to see The Golden State Warriors: where ankle injuries happen.
– 49ers – Enter to win a chance to get a free Luxury Suite for a game. But don’t tell too many of your friends because I’m trying to win this thing!
– A’s – Where do I start? They’re pretty much begging people to go to the games. Check out their ticket site – everything from free food depending on where you’re sitting to luxury suites starting at $65/person. Pretty suite!
– Sharks – tickets start at $20 and they’re really good this year.
Free/Very Cheap Food
– $1 Jamba Juice Oatmeal – sooo good! I recommend the apple cinnamon flavor.
– Hog Island Oyster $1 Oyster and $3 Beer Happy Hour – every Monday and Thursday at their restaurant in the Ferry Building – BASG and I went and had 20 delicious oysters each!
– Little Star Pizza – ok so it’s not super cheap but $18 will get you the best pizza of your life that will also guarantee leftovers for the next day. Large and deep dish is the way to go.
Fun Things To Do (non-sports)
– Russian River Wine Barrel Tasting event – $20 will get you unlimited barrel tastings at over 100 vineyards in the Russian River Valley. Two weekends in March.
– California Academy of Sciences – it re-opened this last summer and has been packing in huge crowds ever since. Third Wednesday of every month is free and weekends are free to all San Francisco residents.
– The Independent’s Free Monday Night Movies – only on Mondays when a show is not going on. Two beer minimum and lots of free popcorn. They show the latest DVD releases in their huge concert hall – very fun!
– Anchor Brewing Company – Free weekday 2 hour tour with lots of samples along the way – call in advance to reserve your spot.
– Ocean Beach Small Dog Walk – every Saturday at 10:15am around 100 small dogs take over Ocean Beach for a walk together