A lot of you have already planned on heading to AT&T Park on Friday night to watch the first place San Francisco Giants take on the first place Atlanta Braves. How would you like to eat a free, delicious dinner at The Melt before the game?
Here’s the plan:
– On Thursday we’re going to pick five winners, each of whom can bring a guest to The Melt on 3rd and Townsend (a block away from AT&T Park) on Friday evening. That means you guys can enter through Wednesday.
– What will the winners (and guests) receive? THE MELT will provide free melts, soup, soft serve ice cream, and non-alcoholic beverages! As for melt options, I recommend the Italian Job, which includes fontina and provolone cheeses on garlic bread (and you can add stuff like bacon or tomatoes) But maybe I’ll end up getting the Ballpark Melt: aged sharp cheddar, all beef frank, grilled onion w/ mustard on san francisco sourdough. But there’s still plenty of time to make this all-important decision.
– Even if you don’t win, you can come down and hang out with us! My wife and I will be there, along with other awesome folks from Team BASG including Ruthless Sports Guy, Bay Area Stats Guy, Wendy Thurm, East Bay Sports Guy and Giants Gamer Babe. Also, anyone who comes in and shows their game ticket gets a free fountain drink with a Melt + soup purchase.
– As an added bonus, one of the winners will receive TWO TICKETS to watch the Giants play the Braves with all of us.
So how do you win? Just answer this question in the comments.
What do you despise most about the Atlanta Braves?
As for what we love most about the Atlanta Braves, that’s easy. Say it with me: BROOKS CONRAD. But so many things about this squad are incredibly annoying, such as …
2. That never ending “war chant”: “Oh Ohhhhh Oh Oh Ohhhhhh … OH OHHHH, OH OH OHHHHHHHHH…” Oh, shut up.
3. The Braves have made it to the playoffs 16 times in the last 23 seasons, but their home postseason games rarely sell out.
4. This one’s for longtime Giants fans, courtesy of Baseball Reference:
Ouch, that still hurts. The Giants won 103 games and their season ended at Dodger Stadium, while the Braves couldn’t even get past the Philadelphia Phillies. Stupid Padres.
If there’s anything that you hate more about the Braves than any of the things I listed, feel free to mention it in the comments. We’ll also give you chances to win free grilled cheese sandwiches tomorrow and Wednesday, so stay tuned … and hungry.