By now you’ve probably seen the reports — heck, I wrote about them at 1 am — that Colin Kaepernick is on the trading block. Trent Baalke denied the “media reports,” for what it’s worth.
In my mind, there are nine possible scenarios.
- Colin Kaepernick isn’t traded, was never going to be traded, everything goes relatively normally
- Colin Kaepernick was supposed to be traded, but the trade falls through for whatever reason
- Colin Kaepernick is traded to the Eagles for Nick Foles
- Colin Kaepernick is traded to the Bears for draft picks
- Colin Kaepernick is traded to the Bears for Jay Cutler
- Colin Kaepernick is traded to a team other than the Eagles or Bears
- Colin Kaepernick gets eaten by a family of bears
- Colin Kaepernick says, “Forget it,” and quits the NFL to become an assistant on Jim Harbaugh’s staff
- Something really wild (like the 49ers trading Kaepernick to the Bucs for the No. 1 pick)
Here’s a contest, as well as an invitation to join a BIGGER contest.
Predict what’ll happen with Colin Kaepernick, and provide a reason why. The smartest/funniest response will earn a $25 Amazon Gift Card. (Yes, I will be judging your comments … bwahahahahaha!)
THE BIGGER CONTEST
We’re inviting you to join our group on Daily Bracket, an up-and-coming startup that put together a really fun app for iPhone and Android.
We’re really happy to partner with these folks for a few reasons. First, I met up with Daily Bracket Editor-in-Chief, Jay Flaherty, in New York when I flew out with the World Series trophy, and he gave me one of the best slices of pizza I’ve ever had that contained artichoke hearts. You’d think that wouldn’t be possible, but it was amazingly good. Flaherty is actually a Michigan alum who loves Bay Area sports, which means his mind is probably swimming right now.
But more importantly for BASG readers, I’ve been playing Daily Bracket for the last month or so, and now I’m addicted.
- Every day, the app reminds you that you have a couple hours to make your picks.
- No point spreads are involved — you just pick five winners across multiple sports (college and pro).
- Daily Bracket gives you information on each game, but I’ll be honest, I just swipe left and right without much thought other than what I feel like will happen at first glance. In other words, it’s the Tinder of sports betting.
- You pick five games, which usually takes me about 30 seconds.
- Once you’re on Daily Bracket, you also have the opportunity to play Daily Lineup — you pick one player from each game and compete for points or money.
I’m also horrible at predicting these games, which is why you should join the “BASG” group we set up. All users need to do to join is: go to the Groups tab–> click on “Join/Create a Group”–> And click on “Join” next to BASG.
DAILY BRACKET CONTEST PRIZES (EACH WEEK THROUGHOUT MARCH)
Grand Prize for the person who scores the most points EACH WEEK: $50!
Second prize: $25 Amazon gift card
Third prize: One of my several Bay Area-themed bobbleheads (I’ll probably give the third place person a choice of a few different ones)
Also, it’s free to join. And you should join quickly, because you have a better chance of winning this week’s contest, once you start accumulating points. So download it now! Since I’m also in the group, you have a decent chance of winning. Anyone who’s entered our BASG March Madness pool already knows this to be true.
You can download Daily Bracket via the Apple App Store or Google Play for free.
Once again, all users need to do to join is: go to the Groups tab–> click on “Join/Create a Group”–> And click on “Join” next to BASG. Good luck!