My wife wrote this two years ago, and it seemed to make sense now besides the need to switch out one Manning (Eli) for another (Peyton). I went ahead and did a 2014 update on a 2012 classic, because while the teams might chance these recipes always work. Check out the last paragraph to find out how you can have your Super Bowl party catered by Amici’s East Coast Pizzeria.
By Sports Girl Liz
After the 49ers lost to the
NY Giants Seahawks in the NFC Championship game, BASG and I both loudly declared: NO! WE WON’T EVEN WATCH THE STUPID SUPER BOWL THIS YEAR!!! GRRR!!! ANGRY NOISES!!!!!
But alas, it would be truly un-American to skip. Plus, being in ad sales, I have to watch the commercials for my career … or something.
So, we’ll be watching with disinterest and anger – waiting for multiple Manning Faces and a total destruction of the
NY Giants Seahawks – who shouldn’t really be there anyways. Angry noises!!!
To go along with our awesome attitudes, I will be preparing food to match our mental states. For all you angry 49ers fans out there, these are my Super Bowl party recommendations. Extra points for bringing them over to the home of a bandwagon
NY Giants Seahawks or Patriots Broncos fan.
A delightful platter of open-faced sandwiches heated in the oven to create that cheesy and melt-your-heart sappiness that is the result of a true Manning Face. Add onions for the crying effect.
- Loaf sourdough – sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Tomato (sliced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- Spread the olive oil on top of the slices of bread and cover with sliced tomatoes, salt and pepper. Finally, top it off with some cheese.
- Broil until the cheese is melted, about 2-5 minutes.
49ers lost and I need a jello shot NOW!
To help ease the lingering pain, here’s a fun and tingly champagne jello shot that will enhance your laughter over
Manning Face Richard Sherman Google Face and remind us all of better times and the new season to come. And yes, Tom Brady’s Peyton Manning’s level of attractiveness will increase with the number of shots you take, which will lead you to purchase Ugg boots for men a Buick. Sorry!
- Box of jello – orange or strawberry
- Bottle of champagne – value at $12 or higher (avoid headaches!)
- Set of small paper or dixie cups
- Put sparkling wine in fridge at least 2 hours before use.
- Boil 2 cups of water. Once boiled, pour water into large bowl with jello mix.
- Once jello mixture has cooled down, add 3 cups of cold sparkling wine. I’ve tried this before, and yes, it does solidify with all the sparkling wine called for.
- Spoon out jello mixture into individual cups. Keep in fridge until jello has set (around 5 hours).
- Drink excess champagne immediately.
Because why not? 49ers fans hate the Cowboys – no harm in poking a little fun at their bwoken widdle fingeys while we’re at it.
(Editor’s note: my wife got a huge kick out of Romo’s pinkie injury during the 2011 season, probably because Romo was a tabloid news regular back when he dated Jessica Simpson.)
- Little Smokies sausages
- Crescent rolls
- Parmesean Cheese
- Garlic salt
- Preheat oven according to directions on crescent roll package.
- Unroll but leave intact 2 triangles of crescent rolls.
- Pinch seam together and cut lengthwise into 5 strips and then cross-wise to make 10 strips.
- Roll each strip around one sausage and place in baking pan sprayed with non-stick cooking oil.
- Sprinkle each pinkie with parmesan and garlic salt.
- Bake according to crescent roll package directions.
Does all that sound like too much work? Then just answer the following two-part contest question and win one of two 10-person Super Bowl pizza parties catered by Amici’s (winners announced Friday — BTW, congrats to our winners from last week: rocketgoldstar, Otis Byrd III and coredump):
CONTEST QUESTION: What are your Super Bowl plans, and did the 49ers’ loss in the NFC Championship change those plans in any way?
Example: after the 49ers led 10-3 at halftime, I had visions of spending this week in New York. Didn’t happen. I told my wife there was no way I’d be attending anyone’s Super Bowl party, and I didn’t want to host a party either. So, long story short, people are coming over to our place to watch the game on Sunday.