The Black Falcon went to Facebook today to announce a way for fans to obtain his autograph, but only during a three-month window. From Harrison Barnes’ Facebook page:
Since I get so many requests for autographs I bought a P.O. Box for all of you to send items for me to sign during the off season. I only have it for 3 months so keep that in mind. There are rules to this and there are no exceptions.
1. You must enclose a signed handwritten letter stating why you want the item signed. Sincerity is a must here.
2. You must enclose a picture of you with the item.
3. You must enclose return envelope and postage.
4. One item per person please.
5. This is at your own risk so if it gets lost in the mail or what not I will not be held responsible.
6. Keep in mind I will be signing when my schedule permits. My time is limited because of daily workouts, appearances, travel, Game of Thrones, House of Cards, and video games. Items will be sent back as soon as possible. So please be patient with me.
I’m really excited to be able to sign for everyone who’s ever asked me for an autograph. I appreciate all the messages and replies I get on social media. This is my thank you to all of you and a token of my appreciation for not only supporting me as a player but as a person as well.
The address for the P.O. Box is
P.O. Box 72530
Oakland, CA 94612
Again thanks, to all of you for being the best e-friends around.
This is an extremely nice gesture from Barnes, even if some of his rules are interesting. What happens to the photo you send? Does Barnes stash it away like Robin Williams in One-Hour Photo?
As great of an opportunity it is for fans to get Barnes’ autograph, it’s also possible people could send Barnes some less-than-flattering items. I’d like to believe fans will treat this with respect, but the pessimistic side of me believes this could be a recipe for disaster.