Not one Bay Area university got into the dance, but that doesn’t mean we’re left out. That’s right, we get to stay involved by filling out our brackets in this year’s BASG March Madness Bracket Challenge. This is our seventh year, and every year it’s the same:
- Free to join
- Prizes for the people who finish in the top three
- I’ll be out of the running by the end of the first weekend
What can I say, this is a pro sports region and I try to give the people what they want, but I know next to nothing about college basketball. I hear Kentucky is pretty good this year. But that’s the beauty of NCAA Tournament pools — you don’t really need to be an expert to fill one out and live and die with your picks.
So, why not fill out a bracket and see if you can win …
- First Prize: $100 gift card from StubHub (they sell tickets and parking passes)
- Second Prize: $50 gift card from StubHub (enough for one Giants Spring Training ticket)
- Third Prize: $25 gift card from StubHub (enough for one A’s ticket or 1/10 of a Warriors lower bowl ticket)
I already sent out invites to everyone who was in the pool last year (and 16 people have already rejoined before I can finish this post, which is impressive). However, if you signed up with an email address you never use, you might want to just click HERE and sign up that way. If you didn’t play last year, click that same link. Or this one. They’re the same!
MORE FUN WITH CONTESTS AND PRIZES
The results are in from our first weekly contest on Daily Bracket:
- First Place and $50: PeteRose (25 points)
- Second Place and a $25 Amazon Gift Card: chris55539 & JayFlay (23 points)
- Third Place and a bobblehead: JerodBrown20 (22 points)
The second and third place winners need to contact me at email@example.com to receive your prizes, as does PeterZavlaris, who won the “Predict what the 49ers will do with Colin Kaepernick” contest from last week. Congrats to all the winners!
It’s is the perfect time to join our BASG group in Daily Bracket, because our second weekly contest this month (same prizes as listed above) starts today. It’s also a great day to join, because we get a freebie pick today: Lakers @ Warriors. Gee, I wonder who’ll win that game …
Here’s how to join if you haven’t done so already:
- Just Download Daily Bracket via the Apple App Store or Google Play for free.
- Go to the Groups tab–> click on “Join/Create a Group”–> And click on “Join” next to BASG.
- Pick the five games Daily Bracket gives us each night. Swipe right or left, depending on what team you think will win (you don’t have to worry about point spreads)
Picking the five games each day is easy and free … but you can also get into the more hardcore games on Daily Bracket that involve picking five players and entering contests to win cash or “Bracket Bucks.” My wife is more of a gambler than I am, and she’s already entered and won money twice. It’s just like when we go to Vegas and she wins a bunch of money at craps while I sit in the sports book and watch all of the TVs.