Brian Wilson spoke in the clubhouse today. As I mentioned in an earlier post which included video of Wilson’s comments on his rehab and when he expects to come back (hint: sooner than most observers, medical or otherwise, would think), I chopped up the interview into three parts. In this video, Wilson talks about what he’s doing now to remain a part of this team now that he’s unable to contribute on the field.
Subjects Wilson touched on included:
- What he thinks of Santiago Casilla (“He’s able to forget the negative things and be able to move onto the next hitter or the next day”) and how he supports the Giants’ new closer (“I like to just tell him that he’s awesome.”)
- Barry Zito’s shutout in Colorado (which he charted)
- Tim Lincecum’s early season struggles, which not surprisingly aren’t much of a concern to Wilson (“he’s our ace”)
- Charting pitches and learning more about how different umpires call games
- Getting his spirits lifted by coming to the clubhouse and being surrounded by his teammates