Since the top 10 is the top 10, let’s take a look at how people are doing.
Congrats to the Top 4 teams for picking so many games correct. Will any of them still be around on April 2? No guarantee there, as the points escalate in each round (8 points for each team chosen that makes it to the Final Four, 16 points per team that makes it to the National Championship Game, and 32 points for those who choose the National Champion).
— Baptized Beavers has Duke in the National Title game.
— MillerLite has Michigan in the Final Four.
— All of We Out Here Tryin’ Function‘s Final Four teams are alive, but North Carolina’s on shaky ground with point guard Kendall Marshall undergoing surgery on his broken non-shooting wrist on Monday.
— Stack Jack is no longer Back! has North Carolina in the Title Game too, and had Florida State making it to the Final Four.
Since we listed the top 14 teams in terms of overall points thus far, let’s try something different. In order to make myself feel better about my place in the standings (tied for 40th), I’m going to list the top 14 teams in terms of Possible Points (Final Four teams in parentheses, in order of predicted finish).
1. We Out Here Tryin’ Function: 171 (Kentucky, North Carolina, Michigan State, Cincinnati)
2. Bastard of Muppets: 170 (Michigan State, Kansas, Kentucky, Wisconsin)
3. Spoon Boom: 168 (Kentucky, Ohio State, Louisville, Kansas)
4. Lola’s Goose Patrol: 166 (Kentucky, Kansas, Michigan State, Syracuse)
5. Stuart Loves Long Beach State: 165 (Kentucky, Kansas, Michigan State, Ohio State)
5. TwistNShrout: 165 (Michigan State, North Carolina, Kentucky, Ohio State)
5. The Stats Guy: 165 (Kansas, Kentucky, Syracuse, Louisville)
8. Stephenson’s Rockets: 164 (Kentucky, Kansas, Louisville, Ohio State)
9. Bringin’ up the rear: 163 (Syracuse, Kentucky, North Carolina, Marquette)
9. Chris Kaman My Pants: 163 (Kentucky, North Carolina, Michigan State, Ohio State)
11. Unkle_fckr: 162 (Michigan State, North Carolina, Baylor, Syracuse)
11. BASG: 162 (Kansas, Kentucky, Ohio State, Michigan State)
13. CholeDeez: 161 (North Carolina, Kentucky, Ohio State, Marquette)
13. Green Room Dreaming: 161 (Michigan State, North Carolina, Kentucky, Ohio State)
And since we’re on the subject of lists, here’s how many people picked each team to win the National Championship:
North Carolina: 12
Michigan State: 8
Ohio State: 4
Florida State: 1
San Diego State: 1