Well, there you have it. Even though 95.7 FM The Game clearly states that Ralph Barbieri is coming on at a specific time on Monday, many people seem to think Barbieri is joining the station full-time. That is not the case. Rest assured, if Entercom makes that hire there will be a lot more hoopla than a single tweet on a Friday evening.
Ralph already told “his side of the story” to Dennis O’Donnell, but there are still plenty of questions Brandon Tierney and Eric Davis can ask.
1. Are Barbieri and his lawyer, Angela Alioto, pushing forward with a lawsuit against Cumulus on the basis of age and/or disability discrimination?
2. Has he had any contact with Cumulus at all?
3. Has he talked to Tom Tolbert, Brian Smith or any other KNBR hosts or producers since his termination?
4. In terms of his future, does he want to stay on radio? Has he been in talks with Entercom or a satellite station?
5. If Tiger Woods wins the U.S. Open, will 95.7 supply Barbieri with some freshly grilled crow to nibble on?
Alright, maybe No. 5 isn’t necessary (plus, Barbieri is a noted vegetarian). In fact, there probably isn’t any need for sports talk at all while Barbieri is on. All people want to know is what’s going on with his career, how angry he is at Cumulus, Bill Bungeroth and Lee Hammer, and if he still plans on taking them to court.